Do you imagine a career that allows you to work outside in nature?
Are you interested in conservation minded tourism?
The recipient would receive full funding for all certificates required to hold a guiding position. Including:
- Sea Kayak Guide Alliance of BC Level 1 or higher
- 40hr Wilderness First Aid or higher
- SVOP - Small Vessel Operator Proficiency Certificate
- MEDA2 or MEDA3
- ROC - Radio Operator Certificate
- To be considered you must be between the age of 16 and 24 at the time of the application deadline.
- Reside within the Clayoquot Sound Region (Ucluelet, Tofino, Esowista, Tyhistanis, Opitsaht).
- Be a member of Tla-o-qui-aht First Nations.
- Demonstrate academic ability, a passion for learning, leadership qualities and/or potential to develop these qualities.
- Be actively involved in your community and posses a desire to make a difference.
Applications can be requested from:
Application deadline February 1, 2018