Fishing Guide Position
DO YOU LOVE TO FISH?? We are looking to hire a full-time fishing guide with a positive and enthusiastic personality capable of entertaining a myriad of guests from a variety of demographics and nationalities. Fishing is only one aspect of what we promote through our fishing excursions, therefore the candidate should subsequently possess a thorough knowledge of local ecology, indigenous and migratory wildlife common to our region, and a grasp of local First Nation’s history.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Experience in the marine environment (local experience is an asset), and demonstrate a firm grasp of sustainable and ethical fishing practices for a variety of species and techniques. Fly-salt fishing experience is an asset.
- Ability to problem-solve and maintain considerable poise and composure under various situations.
- Familiarity with company ethics and be an ambassador of our company values.
- Knowledge and experience in both operation and repair of vessel systems and powertrains is an essential facet to ensuring safe and efficient operation of company assets.
- Flexible schedule.
- Strong work ethic & the ability to take initiative.
- Well organized, personable and reliable.
- MED A2 or MED A3
- Current Marine Basic First Aid
Please apply with cover letter, resume, certifications, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.