Meares Island Captain / General support Person
Are you interested in educating visitors about the biodiversity of the Clayoquot Sound? Do you want to be part of a unique and dynamic carbon neutral adventure tour company? We believe in restorative tourism and environmental protection.
We are currently accepting applications for the 2018 guiding season. The successful applicant will guide tourist groups aboard a small commercial vessel on inlet waters to hike Lone Cone, to walk the Big Tree Trail, and to give Harbour Tours. When not guiding, this person will be available to assist the storefront with dispatch and other tasks, to assist the guides, and our maintenance shop as needed.
Applicant must have:
- MedA2 or/ MedA3,
- Marine Basic FA.
- Experience guiding. Local experience an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Multiple languages an asset.
- Be a decisive team player with an affinity for the environment and conservation.
- Background in Biology, Geography or Environmental Studies is an asset.
Orientation Start: April 15, 2018
Job Start Date: April 30, 2018
Application Closing Date: April 5, 2018
Please apply with cover letter, resume, certifications, and references to firstname.lastname@example.org.