Fishing on the West Coast of Vancouver Island
We are proud to bring you the best fishing itineraries that Tofino has to offer! Salt and freshwater fishing for salmon, halibut, trout, and our specialty – steelhead.
Fishing charters are available for both hardcore fishers chasing a "Tyee" Salmon and families looking for fun. Tofino offers excellent family-friendly fishing areas with calm, protected waters, and lots of fish. Helping kids and novice boaters explore the wonders of our area and wildlife is a big part of what we love to do. Our guides have generations of fishing history in their blood, maintain the utmost professionalism and ensure a safe, productive day on the water every time. Also, be sure not to miss our monthly fishing reports by lead guide, Josh Temple.
Offshore fishing Charters
We invite you to join us on our most popular fishing excursion — an offshore fishing charter! We offer half and full day charters with departures in the morning or the afternoon. These charters target Pacific Salmon, Lingcod, Rockfish and even Albacore Tuna (in the right season). Our offshore fishing charters also offer excellent wildlife viewing opportunities, as we commonly encounter whales, porpoises, seals, and a variety of other marine life on our trips. Whether you are a seasoned pro or a first time angler, this fishing experience is not to be missed!
Big Game HALIBUT fishing
Experience the best big game fishing Tofino has to offer! Halibut are the largest fish in our local waters, often topping 100 pounds. Large halibut fight extremely well in shallow water, making long, sustained runs and testing the limits of both the angler and tackle. We provide fighting harnesses and belts to help catch these cold water behemoths. Halibut love to prey on reef dwellers in shallow waters and we have some of the most productive halibut grounds in Tofino just minutes from our dock.
Family fishing Excursions
We're big on family time and we love to take kids and moms fishing. Tofino offers excellent "family-friendly" fishing areas with calm, protected waters, and lots of fish. Our family fishing excursions offer exceptional fishing for Lingcod and a variety of Rockfish. All of our boats are equipped with haulers and we have plenty of traps, so if you and the kids want to ply the depths for Dungeness Crabs or Prawns that is also an option! Come discover why kids of all ages love fishing with us.
float plane & HELI-FISHING
The most exciting trip you will ever take! Explore pristine rivers and lakes that offer incredible dry fly fishing for Steelhead, Trout, and Fall Salmon. Ocean Outfitters has access to some of the best Steelhead rivers on Vancouver Island. Rarely fished, these rivers offer excellent runs of summer, fall, winter, and spring Steelhead. Eager to take dry-flies, these aggressive Steelhead are amongst the most coveted fish of all time. Our helicopters & float planes depart Tofino and cover up to three locations per day, ensuring a unique opportunity to sample some of the best freshwater fishing in North America.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Each individual who wishes to fish on a saltwater fishing excursion must have a tidal-water sport fishing license. Please purchase and print out your personal fishing license before you leave for your fishing adventure. To purchase a license, visit the Fisheries and Oceans Canada website.
- Each individual who wishes to go on a freshwater fishing excursion must have a freshwater fishing license. If you intend to fish for Steelhead, then a Steelhead Conservation Stamp is mandatory. Please purchase and print out your personal fishing license before you leave for your fishing adventure. To purchase a license and any required stamps, visit the BC Freshwater Fishing Licensing website.
- Please bring full rain gear. We fish rain or shine!
- It is important to remember that it is common to experience some swells at sea. If you are concerned about motion sickness- plan in advance to safe guard against any potential nausea by bringing your favourite brand of anti-nausea medication. Candied ginger and chewing gum can help.
- Please bring any food and beverages you wish for. If you would like us to organize a lunch for you, we would be delighted. Simply call our office at 1-877-906-2326.
RESERVE YOUR CHARTER TODAY
All of our fishing packages can be booked online. We recommend booking in advance, especially if you are visiting in the summer as our boats fill up quick. Please note that online bookings must be made at least 24hrs in advance. If you would like to make a booking for a time within the next 24hrs please call our office for availability. Make sure you read & understand our booking policies and waiver terms before processing your reservation.
CURIOUS ABOUT RECENT FISHING CONDITIONS IN TOFINO?
Check out our latest Fishing Report from lead guide, Josh Temple! Fishing reports are usually updated on a monthly basis.