Fishing on the West Coast of Vancouver Island
We are proud to bring you the best fishing itineraries that Tofino has to offer! Salt and freshwater fishing for salmon, halibut, trout, and our specialty – steelhead.
Fishing charters are available for both hard core fishers and families looking for fun. Tofino offers excellent "family friendly" fishing areas with calm, protected waters, and LOTS of fish. Helping kids and novice boaters explore the wonders of our area and wildlife is a big part of what we love to do. Our guides have generations of fishing history in their blood, maintain the utmost professionalism and ensure a safe, productive day on the water every time. Also, be sure not to miss our monthly fishing reports by lead guide, Josh Temple.
Tofino offers legendary salmon fishing! Literally millions of salmon swim off our shores and provide anglers with exceptional fishing all year long. Chinook (King) salmon are the largest of the five species of salmon and regularly top thirty pounds, earning "Tyee" status and providing excellent sport on light tackle. Coho (Silver) salmon are abundant from June - October and provide exceptional opportunities for fly and spin/jigging tackle, while Chum, Pink, and Sockeye round out the catch.
Halibut fishing in Tofino is exceptional. Shallow water halibut fishing in 50 - 150 feet of water near shore is the key. Larger halibut love to prey on octopus and other reef dwellers in shallow waters and we have some of the most productive halibut grounds in Tofino just minutes from our dock. Large halibut fight extremely well in shallow water, making long, sustained runs and testing the limits of both angler and tackle. We provide fighting harnesses and belts to help catch these cold water behemoths! Experience the best BIG GAME FISHING Tofino has to offer!!
fishing for ROCKFISH
Prolific offshore and inshore reefs offer exceptional fishing for a variety of bottom-fish including Ling Cod, Yellow Eye Snapper, rockfish, & more. We prefer to fish with light-tackle, SHIMANO and AVET jigging combos tailored to enjoy the spectacular sport that these tasty game fish provide. ACTION, ACTION & MORE ACTION is the name of the game in this exciting fishery where anglers can enjoy the feeling of constant bites and rod bending action all day long. Kids love this fishery.
float plane & HELI-FISHING
The most exciting trip you will ever take! For the ULTIMATE excursion ask about our Helicopter and float fishing trips for steelhead, salmon, and trout. Access pristine rivers and lakes that offer incredible dry fly fishing for summer steelhead, trout, and fall salmon. Ocean Outfitters has access to some of the best steelhead rivers on Vancouver Island. Rarely fished, these rivers offer excellent runs of summer, fall, winter, and spring steelhead. Eager to take dry-flies (sometimes even in winter!), these aggressive steelhead are amongst the most coveted fish of all time. One of our most popular trips, we depart Tofino and cover up to three locations per day, ensuring a unique opportunity to sample some of the best steelhead, trout, and salmon fishing in North America. Our helicopter fishing packages are NOT TO BE MISSED!!!
PRAWNing & CRABbing
Want to ply the depths for Dungeness Crabs or Prawns? No Problem, our boats are equipped with haulers and we have plenty of traps. Make your feast even more fabulous with the option to haul some of this sustainably harvested delicacy.
SALT WATER FISHING
Full Day $1500 (10 hours)
1/2 Day AM $900 (6 hours)
1/2 Day PM $600 (4 hours)
FRESH WATER FISHING
Float Plane $1500
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Each individual who wishes to angle or fish for crabs on any saltwater fishing excursion must have a tidal-water sport fishing license. Please purchase and print out your personal fishing license before you leave for your fishing adventure. To purchase a license, visit the Recreational Licensing Branch for Department of Fisheries and Oceans Canada website.
- Each individual who wishes to go on a freshwater fishing excursion must have a freshwater fishing license. If you intend to fish for Steelhead, then a a Steelhead Conservation Stamp is mandatory. Please purchase and print out your personal fishing license before you leave for your fishing adventure. To purchase a license and any required stamps, visit the BC Freshwater Fishing Licensing website.
- Please bring full rain gear. We fish rain or shine!
- It is important to remember that it is common to experience some swells at sea. If you are concerned about motion sickness- plan in advance to safe guard against any potential nausea by bringing your favourite brand of anti-nausea medication. Candied ginger and chewing gum can help.
- Please bring any food and beverages you wish for. If you would like us to organize a lunch for you, we would be delighted. Simply call our office at 1-877-906-2326.
CURIOUS ABOUT RECENT FISHING IN TOFINO?
Check out our latest Fishing Report! Fishing reports are typically updated on a monthly basis!