Tofino Fishing Trips for the whole family
Tofino offers excellent "family-friendly" fishing areas with calm, protected waters, and LOTS of fish!
We're big on family time and we love to take kids fishing. Helping kids and novice boaters explore the wonders of our area and wildlife is a big part of what we do at Ocean Outfitters.
We are committed to offering families a safe, helpful, and most of all FUN environment to enjoy all that Tofino has to offer. Typically our family fishing excursions take place on inshore reefs, protected from the open ocean swells. However, depending on conditions we are more than happy to take the family out for some offshore salmon fishing as well.
We catch a wide variety of fish on family fishing excursions, including:
- Yellow-eye Snapper
- Black Bass
- Coho Salmon
- Chinook Salmon
- Dungeness Crab
- Spot & Tiger Prawns
Whether you want to ply the depths for dungeness crab and prawns, troll offshore for salmon and snapper, or jig protected reefs for lingcod and rockfish, our family fishing excursions will have you and the kids covered!
Family fishing excursions are offered year-round as chinook salmon, rockfish, crabs and prawns are always in season here.
Family Fishing Charter Rates
|Full Day (10hr)||AM Half Day (6hr)||PM Half Day (4hr)|
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Each individual who wishes to fish on a saltwater fishing excursion must have a tidal-water sport fishing license. Please purchase and print out your personal fishing license before you leave for your fishing adventure. To purchase a license, visit the Fisheries and Oceans Canada website.
- Please bring full rain gear. We fish rain or shine!
- It is important to remember that it is common to experience some swells at sea. If you are concerned about motion sickness- plan in advance to safe guard against any potential nausea by bringing your favourite brand of anti-nausea medication. Candied ginger and chewing gum can help.
- Please bring any food and beverages you wish for. If you would like us to organize a lunch for you, we would be delighted. Simply call our office at 1-877-906-2326.
DAILY CATCH LIMITS
- Ocean Outfitters has reduced our in-house catch limits and has implemented a 2 salmon aggregate daily limit. 1 Coho and 1 Chinook; or 2 Coho and 0 Chinook; or 2 Chinook and 0 Coho.
- We've also reduced our Rockfish retention by 50%. Limiting 3 per angler per day, or 6 in possession over multi-day fishing trips.
- Lingcod, halibut, and snapper limits have already been curtailed by the Federal government to the point that reducing this allocation would result in zero retention.
CATCH, PHOTOGRAPH, RELEASE (CPR) INITIATIVE
We encourage maximum participation in our CPR initiative which implements a conservation rewards-based incentive:
- For every fish released (any species) we'll make a $5 donation to local rehabilitation efforts on the client’s behalf.
- The top five largest released fish in the salmon, halibut, and lingcod categories during the course of the season would qualify for a draw for a free 4-hour charter.
- If a client wishes to release all fish during the duration of the charter, we will provide a $50 store credit to the client and make a $50 donation (on the clients behalf) towards local environmental projects — namely those directly working towards rehabilitating anadromous fish stocks.
THREE PERCENT FOR THE FISH!
We implement a 3% surcharge to all fishing charters (both fresh and saltwater) to support local enhancement projects throughout Clayoquot Sound. This initiative ensures that clients have hands on participation in the viability of the resource for generations to come.
CURIOUS ABOUT RECENT FISHING IN TOFINO?
Check out our latest Fishing Report! Fishing reports are typically updated on a monthly basis!