The ultimate tofino fishing excursion
If you are a keen fisher, these packages are not to be missed!
Our float plane and heli-fishing trips give anglers the opportunity to fish for Steelhead, one of the most coveted sport fish in British Columbia. Steelhead are an ocean running Rainbow Trout that average 10 – 15 pounds. Found in rivers and streams throughout Clayoquot Sound, this is a very popular gamefish with fly-fisherman and light tackle enthusiasts. It is important to note that Steelhead are only available at certain times of the year so check with our team to ensure angling opportunities exist before booking.
If Steelhead are not in season, our local rivers and lakes still offer great fishing opportunities for rainbow trout (averaging 3-8 lbs) and cutthroat trout (averaging 2-6 lbs) year-round. Different species of salmon are also available in rivers and streams in Clayoquot Sound at certain times of the year. For more details, get in touch with our team to see what freshwater salmon fishing opportunities exist during your visit.
FRESHWATER FISHING BY FLOAT PLANE
Cessna 185 Float Plane | Up to 3 passengers
This is a popular trip to Pretty Girl Lake or Megin Lake for both Rainbow and Cutthroat Trout. Departure times are usually 8 – 9am and the charter duration is 8 hours. All tackle and equipment is provided, but fishing licenses are the responsibility of the client.
*Maximum of 3 guests per float plane charter. Bookings must be made atleast 24 hours in advance.
FRESHWATER FISHING BY HELICOPTER
Bell 206 Jetranger Helicopter | Up to 3 passengers
The ultimate fishing adventure for the angler looking to experience the best fishing in the Tofino/Clayoquot Sound region. Depending on the season, Steelhead, Rainbow Trout, Cutthroat Trout, and Salmon are all available in rivers, streams, and lakes. All tackle and equipment is provided, but fishing licenses are the responsibility of the client. This is a full-day fishing excursion.
*Maximum of 3 guests per helicopter charter. Bookings must be made atleast 24 hours in advance.
Tofino freshwater fishing calendar
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- Each individual who wishes to go on a freshwater fishing excursion must have a freshwater fishing license. If you intend to fish for Steelhead, then a Steelhead Conservation Stamp is mandatory. Please purchase and print your personal fishing license before you leave for your fishing adventure. To purchase a license and any required stamps, visit the BC Freshwater Fishing Licensing website.
- Please bring full rain gear. We fish rain or shine!
- It is important to remember that it is common to experience some swells at sea. If you are concerned about motion sickness- plan in advance to safe guard against any potential nausea by bringing your favourite brand of anti-nausea medication. Candied ginger and chewing gum can help.
- Please bring any food and beverages you wish for. If you would like us to organize a lunch for you, we would be delighted. Simply call our office at 1-877-906-2326.
- Make sure you read & understand our booking policies and waiver terms before processing your reservation.
CURIOUS ABOUT RECENT FISHING IN TOFINO?
Check out our latest Fishing Report! Fishing reports are typically updated on a monthly basis!
THREE PERCENT FOR THE FISH!
We implement a 3% surcharge to all fishing charters (both fresh and saltwater) to support local enhancement projects throughout Clayoquot Sound. This initiative ensures that clients have hands on participation in the viability of the resource for generations to come.