Tofino Coastal Hot Springs Explorer
Whales, Bears & Hot Springs are all possible seasonally in one amazing tour! Hot Springs Cove is an exciting 6 hour adventure where our captains make an effort to find wildlife including whales, black bears, seals, sea lions, puffins, sea otters, bald eagles (aerie too!) and over 20 miles of gorgeous coastline and beaches.
Coastal Hot Springs Tour
Fall & Winter Pricing (Oct - Feb)
Adult – $99
Senior (65+) & Student (13-19) – $89
Children (4-12) – $79
Ages 3 & under FREE*
Spring & Summer Pricing (Mar - Sept)
Adult – $129
Senior (65+) & Student (13-19) – $119
Children (4-12) – $99
Ages 3 & under FREE*
*One free infant per departure on first come first serve basis
Hot springs cove Daily departure times:
Fall & Winter (October - February): Typically 10:30am, but please confirm with our office.
Spring & Summer (March - September): 10:00am & 1:00pm
Additional Summer (May 1 - August 31): 7:00 am departures (usually a zodiac)
Additional Summer (May 15 - August 31): 2:30 pm departures (usually a zodiac)
Our hot springs tours are offered year round (weather permitting). Although we can't guarantee wildlife sightings on this adventure, you have an excellent chance to see everything. Once disembarking at the dock in Hot Springs Cove you will follow the historic cedar boardwalk through an enchanting rainforest (1.5 km). At the end of this incredible walk lies a succession of natural geothermal hot spring pools, a cascading waterfall and a stunning view of the mighty pacific ocean - an amazing daytrip for all ages!
Most Hot Springs departures are scheduled aboard our cabin style vessels, but zodiacs are available upon request. During peak summer months we offer early morning departures at 7:00 am and late afternoon departures at 2:30 pm. These departures tend to be aboard zodiacs. There are age restrictions for children under 5 aboard zodiacs so be sure to let us know who you are traveling with.
Want more adventure? Check out our float plane option for this tour!
Take a guided boat trip up and fly back on a float plane from Hot Springs Cove. This program is called Sea 2 Sky! Get a bird's eye view of Clayoqout Sound's incredible wilderness!
What to bring on Hot Springs Cove Tour
- Dress warmly for the zodiac (long sleeves, pants, fleece or sweater)
- Dress comfortably for the covered vessel
- Good walking shoes
- Warm hats and gloves
- A camera/video/binoculars
- A packed lunch/water/ beverage (no glass bottles please)
- Bathing suit and towel
- Backpack or daypack to carry everything
- Your smile and a true west coast spirit for adventure!
- A wildlife conservation fee of $3 will be added to each fare in support of maintaining the marine ecosystem in Clayoquot Sound. Ocean Outfitters donates this amount annually.
- We collect a $4 per person BC Parks fee (not for children 6 and under)
- A small Carbon Offset fee applies
- We allow one free infant per departure on first come first serve basis (covered vessels only)
- There are height & age restrictions for children under 5 aboard zodiacs
- Multi-tour discounts available!
Want your own private Hot Springs Cove tour?
Learn more about or private charters options.