Remote Kayak Tours
Come explore the beauty that lies outside the Tofino Harbour as you embark on an intimate kayak trip through the quiet waters of remote inlets away from the busy harbour.
Join us on a beautiful 4 hour morning or afternoon trip, or a relaxing 6 hour day excursion. Kayaking allows you to explore coastlines that would otherwise be inaccessible by any larger vessels and through this, it opens an opportunity to feel a deeper connection to the ocean as you sit only inches above its surface. As the sun rises in the morning or begins to ease off throughout the afternoon the most common sounds you will hear will be that of your paddle blade as it eases in and out of the water with each stroke you take, only to be contested by the cries of an eagle or a black bear roaming the tidal waters.
Our 30 minute boat ride will take you on a short but sweet ride away from the hustle and bustle of town. Once arriving at our private location you will be given a short safety briefing before entering the kayaks and paddling along the vivid shore line. While enjoying the calm waters and discussing the history of Clayoquot Sound we will also be looking for Harbour Seals, Black Bears, Bald Eagles and various other forms of wildlife that out populate humans in this area. Snack breaks are encouraged and can be done while floating on the water using a healthy piece of Kelp as a natural anchor. On our 6 hour trips there is the option of adding a catered lunch for an additional fee.
KAYAK SEASON: June 8 – OcT. 15
4 Hour Trips Depart at 8AM & 1:30PM
Adult – $119
Student (13-19) – $109
Children (6-12) – $99
6 Hour Trips Depart at 10AM
Adult – $175
Student (13-19) – $155
Children (6-12) – $135
*Online bookings must be made at least 24hrs in advance. To make a booking for a time within the next 24hrs please call for availability.
*Pack your own snacks/lunches or add on Gourmet Lunch.
What to bring on Kayak Tours:
- Bring warm clothes for the boat ride into Clayoquot Sound (long sleeves, fleece or sweater, etc.)
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, and a hat for sun protection
- A packed lunch/water/ beverage (no glass bottles please)
- A camera/binoculars
- Bathing suit and towel
- Backpack or daypack to carry everything
- Your smile and a true west coast spirit for adventure!
- Make sure you read & understand our booking policies and waiver terms before processing your reservation.
- We have a maximum capacity of 6 guests to 1 guide for kayak tours.
- We are not able to take children under 6 years of age on kayak tours.
- A wildlife conservation fee of $3 will be added to each fare in support of maintaining the marine ecosystem in Clayoquot Sound. Ocean Outfitters donates this amount annually.
- A small Carbon Offset fee applies.
- Gourmet lunch add-on is an additional $38