Remote Stand Up Paddle Board Tours
As a young and developing sport, Stand Up Paddle Boarding (SUP) has quickly developed into a multi faceted activity ranging from unique calm water trips to SUP surfing.
At Ocean Outfitters we would like to invite you to join us on a 4 hour exploratory paddle through the pristine waters of remote inlet locations. Here we can escape together from the noise and continued busyness of the Tofino Harbour, to a place not commonly visited by anyone else. In order to get you to our secluded location we will take you on a brief but enjoyable 30 min boat ride away from Tofino and deeper into the alluring scenery of Clayoquot Sound.
Once you arrive, there will be a short but thorough safety briefing, as you learn the basic skills to navigate you will be surrounded by a colorful variety of intertidal wildlife. Once you are feeling confident, your guide will take you on a harmonious journey with opportunities to view seals, Heron, Black Bears, Bald Eagles and many other forms of wildlife. With little more than the sounds of nature, it is hard to remember any of the stresses of day-to-day life. Come see what Clayoquot Sound really has to offer once you remove yourself from the active town and harbour.
SUP SEASON: June 8 – Oct. 15
Departures at 8AM & 1:30PM
Adult – $119
Student (13-19) – $109
Children (6-12) – $99
What to bring on Stand Up Paddle Board Tours
- Bring warm clothes for the boat ride into Clayoquot Sound (long sleeves, fleece or sweater, etc.)
- A camera/binoculars
- A packed lunch/water/ beverage (no glass bottles please)
- Bathing suit and towel
- Backpack or daypack to carry everything
- Your smile and a true west coast spirit for adventure!
- Make sure you read & understand our booking policies and waiver terms before processing your reservation.
- We have a maximum capacity of 4 guests to 1 guide for kayak tours.
- We are not able to take children under 6 years of age on kayak tours.
- A wildlife conservation fee of $3 will be added to each fare in support of maintaining the marine ecosystem in Clayoquot Sound. Ocean Outfitters donates this amount annually.
- A small Carbon Offset fee applies.
- Gourmet lunch add-on is an additional $38